Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fruity diet

Highlight of the week was my trip to Atlantic Station ... to buy a mixer. Or blender. Or whatever it might be called. I have been longing to get one for about a year...

And as soon as Sunday evening I was preparing my first home-made smoothies : two oranges, one banana, one apple and ice cubes. The whole process is merely a matter of cutting everything into small cubes and then pressing 'liquefy'. In less than one minute the smoothie is ready. For more sophisticated receipes, milk might be added but that is not on my schedule right now.

Gone are all those so-called diet beverages. I am about to start my very own fruity-drink diet exclusively composed of smoothies and juices. Sure there are sugar and calories in those preparations, but at least there are vitamins. And no preservatives, no aspartame. And the joy of preparing it yourself !

Added to my recent exclusive fruit-diet, I should loose a few more pounds over the next three weeks. The ultimate goal is to loose fifteen pounds before the end of September. Cumulated with the ten pounds I have already lost since mid August, I should be in a better shape than last Spring...

So in a nutshell, everyone is invited for a smoothie time !!

No comments: