Saturday, September 29, 2007

Six Flags Over Georgia

Amusement Parks.... Amusement Parks....

This is bringing back fond memories of happy times during my childhood. Ludo parks and myself : this is a very long story. I guess it all started in 1986 when I first visited Florida and experienced most of the parks over there : DisneyWorld, Epcot Center, SeaWorld, Bush Gardens.... Surprinsingly, last time I visited one was quite some time ago during the Summer of 1991. It must have been either DisneyLand or Hollywood Studios in Los Angeles.

Sure, in the meantime I have been to temporary parks but it is not really the same. The quite famous "Foire de Rouen" in October and November comes with all kind of attractions and is supposedly one of the largest in France. But it does not have the same flavor. November in Normandy often sees mist, bitter colds and freezing winds ... yesterday's outing to Six Flags was a real blast with cool temperatures and a slight breeze. I went there with a few friends of mine and that was a real treat..

It was more than the park itself though. I did not realize it first but as time went by, this place reminded me of something, something I knew very well but to which I could not put a name on. And suddenly it all clicked in my head. No wonder I enjoyed my time there ... it was the same atmosphere and the same kind of environment one may recognize while watching the end of the movie Grease.
.
Grease, I watched it at least nine times to look like, to behave and to dance like Danny Zukko. Grease was my very first stage demonstration and I was the one playing Danny for the final "You're the one that I want"(Video here). It was already three years ago ... but I still remember the choregraphy and lyrics as if it were yesterday. One of my friends told me recently that 'memory is selective and you remember mostly the good moments of life'. I guess she is absolutely right...


.

I got chills
.
They're multiplyin'
.
And I'm losin' control
.
'Cause the power you're supplyin'
.
It's electrifyin'!
.
.
.
...
.
.
.
You better shape up

'Cause I need a man

And my heart is set on you


You better shape up

You better understand

To my heart I must be true



.
You're the one that I want, o, o, honey

The one that I want, o,o, honey

The one that I want, o, o, oo

The one I need

Oh, yes indeed
.
.
.
.
.
.

So where are the pics ? Allright, here are they coming. Welcome to Six Flags over Georgia in Atlanta. Enjoy !


Superman... You may not believe it but the entire ride is upside down... From the very begining to the very end, you're looking downwards a bit as if you were skydiving. So smooth and so unusal. Absolutely exciting.





Another picture of Superman showing the upside-down ride. Was it designed by Aussies down under ?
.






.
.
Next is Goliath. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to try it. Guess I'll do that in a week or two...

.




After the exciting roller coasters, something much smoother : the flying chairs. Travelling back in time to Vienna of the early nineteen hundreds...









Getting ready for the ultimate Great American Scream Machine experience...
.
.
.
.



.



..
We dubbed it the ultimate shaking machine : a roller coaster completely made out of timbers.

Scary...




.
..
.
.

.
.
.
.

First teddy-bear hugging of the night for Greg.... That one was with a duck...






.
.
.
.
.
. .

And second one with a rabbit for a change...
Greg loves teddy bears and it shows....
.
.

And I do too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!